Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Pictures are Stock Photos
Dual-amplifier Tone from a Single Drive Pedal
Tap into the sound of two blistering guitar amplifiers with a single pedal, with the MXR FOD Drive. MXR carefully analyzed two heavily modded guitar amplifiers: one optimized for heavily scooped high-gain tones and the other for extreme midrange punch. The result was an epic wall of guitar tone, and the FOD Drive packs that tone into a convenient stompbox. Each "amp" has its own Gain and Output controls — tweak them individually, then balance them with the Blend control just like you would on a mixing board. A global Tone control allows you to fine-tune the result to perfection. If you want to supercharge your guitar tone with the sound of a dual-amp rig, but want to keep things simple, then you need to check out the MXR FOD Drive pedal.
MXR FOD Drive Overdrive/Distortion Pedal Features and Specs
- Emulates 2 distinct amplifier stacks and allows you to blend between them
- High-gain channel delivers mid-scooped high-gain tones
- Crunch channel emphasizes midrange punch and power
- Tweak each amp channel to your needs with separate Gain and Output controls
- 3-way scoop switch offers flat, scooped, or boosted midrange voicing
- Gives you the experience of playing through 2 hot-rodded amp stacks
- Pedal Type:Amp Overdrive
- Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:1 x 1/4"
- Bypass Switching:True Hardwire
- EQ:3-way Mid Scoop Switch
- Controls:Blend, Gain, Tone, Output
- Power Source:9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Batteries:1 x 9V
- Power Usage:11mA
- Weight:0.5 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:M251